Mission & Vision
Candlelight Ranch provides a unique outdoor environment for special needs and at-risk children to learn, play, and heal through the wonders of nature.
Candlelight Ranch works in partnership with community organizations and schools to provide nature based innovative activities that are customized to meet the specific needs of each group of children that we serve.
Through their active participation in these activities and contact with nature, our campers build confidence, self-esteem and skills that support overcoming challenges in their daily lives.
Who we serve
- Physically or cognitively challenged
- Emotionally or behaviorally challenged
- Physically challenged
- Children in the foster care system
- Children who live in economically disadvantaged areas
- High Risk
- Enrolled in Special Ed classes
Programs at Candlelight Ranch include:
- Challenge Course: zip lines and a two-line bridge
- Low ropes team building activities
- Equine Assisted Learning
- Natural science, botany and wildlife lessons
- Hiking and exploring the natural environment of the Ranch
- Art & music therapy workshops
- Yoga and movement sessions
Groups can visit Candlelight Ranch for day excursions as well as overnight stays. Most of the main facilities are wheelchair accessible, including Reese’s Treehouse - a magical place that is nestled in 100 year-old live oaks, 19 feet above the ground. Reese’s Treehouse features 500 square feet of play space as well as bunks that sleep seven.
Candlelight Ranch believes in helping all children and youth overcome emotional, behavioral and physical challenges by providing a supportive environment for them to experience and appreciate nature. Candlelight Ranch’s holistic and innovative program model incorporates the emotional, physical and spiritual health of children and youth.