Located in the Texas Hill Country on the north shore of Lake Travis, Candlelight Ranch’s 40 acres include a beautiful grotto and spring-fed creek surrounded by grasslands and oak mottes. The Ranch’s main facilities are wheelchair accessible and can accommodate groups as large as 40.
Core facilities include:
- Travis Hamner Pavilion — a large, covered pavilion with picnic tables for group activities, meetings, and dining
- Reese’s Treehouse — one of the largest wheelchair accessible tree houses in the country with 500 square feet of play space and the ability to sleep seven in bunk beds
- Fisher House — the original homestead on the property features one bedroom, a living area, dining area, and kitchen that can be used for meetings or as needed
- Gerry’s Playground — onsite playscape with swings, slides and more
- Accessible restroom and bathhouse that includes showers and toilets
- Two large teepees that groups are free to utilize for gathering or camping
- Fire pit, fire ring, gas grilles
- Healing Hearts Stable
- Martin Food Forest – wheelchair accessible garden
- Chillville – an interactive water feature
- All terrain wheelchair
- Challenge Course
- Low ropes course
- Tamer’s Trail
- Texas Materials Island – for fishing, canoeing and kayaking
When not delivering mission-based programs, the Ranch’s facilities and programs are available for other groups or partners looking to host corporate retreats or team-building events.
Children in Nature
At Candlelight Ranch, underserved children are provided with customized experiential programming that includes science and nature activities.
Families in Nature
These special days are free events for families with children that face unique challenges and barriers to normal outdoor experiences.
Military Families in Nature
Family Days are open to active-duty, veteran, gold-star, or other service-member families with children.
Summer camp in a safe and supportive setting for children and families who are survivors of abuse and neglect.
Candlelight Ranch is the perfect venue to host a corporate retreat, team-building session or group event.
Outdoor Explorers is a six-week therapeutic recreation program designed for young adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Through this program,…Read More