Operations Coordinator Job Posting
The Candlelight Ranch Operations Coordinator is a full-time flexible hybrid position. This key organizational position works in partnership with the Executive Director to ensure organizational, administrative, and operational needs are being met. We seek a highly motivated, detail-focused, flexible, and experienced professional to join our passionate team and lead the operational efforts for the agency.
Candlelight Ranch is looking for a goal-oriented person with strong relationship building and interpersonal skills. We seek an Operations Coordinator who can work on several projects at once and is detail oriented. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the many facets of nonprofit operations, including database management, finance and audit, special event support, grant tracking, program invoicing and website/IT support. Most of all, the candidate will have a passion for improving the lives of children and families of all abilities and needs, through nature-based educational and therapeutic programming.
- Manages CLR’s cash position, expenses, and payments
- Collaborates with third party bookkeeper and prepares necessary documents for monthly financial reporting
- Coordinates payroll and quarterly 941 tax returns with third party provider
- Assists with annual financial audit with support from Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Leads E-Tapestry and Mailchimp database management, prepares reports as requested
- Collaborates with fundraising team and provides administrative support for special events including, event enrollment, registration, rentals, in-kind donations, auction logistics, and purchases
- Prepares and sends invoices to program groups as requested
- Provides Board and Committee Support including meeting minutes, creating board binders, tracking birthdays, board tenure, and maintaining contact lists of all Board and Committee members;
- Provides grant support and maintains grant spending and allocation
- Checks PO. Box on a regular basis, distributing mail to appropriate staff
- Updates website as needed
- Collaborates on external communications including newsletter and e-blasts
- Assists with organizational IT and Google Drive computing needs
- Prepares thank you letters for Executive Director
- Prepares, submits, and maintains paperwork for memberships and other community activities as needed
- Provides support to Executive Director as needed
- Attends twice monthly staff meetings at Candlelight Ranch
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, business, or related field, or work experience equivalent;
- 3-5 years’ experience working in the nonprofit sector with a focus on operations or office management;
- Demonstrated experience managing financials, payroll, budgets, and reporting. Nonprofit and audit experience is a plus
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Experience using financial and database applications
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with WordPress, Mailchimp, and E-Tapestry or other CRM
- Understanding of Google Drive or other cloud-based system
- Familiar with IT troubleshooting
- Self-starter, team player, and motivated
- Comfortable working from home and communicating with team members and others via email, virtual workspaces, and cloud computing.
- Lives within the Austin-metro area and able to commute to Candlelight Ranch at least twice per month
This position is non-exempt full time and reports directly to the Executive Director. Full time employees receive a monthly health stipend, cell phone stipend and are eligible for a Simple IRA employer match. Candlelight Ranch offers flexible work hours and paid time off. Candidate must be able to travel to/from the Ranch as needed and attend meetings and events throughout the Greater Austin area.
To apply, interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by September 2, 2022