Programs Specialist Job Posting
Candlelight Ranch is looking for a positive and enthusiastic person with strong leadership and interpersonal skills who is passionate about our mission of serving special needs and at-risk youth. We seek a Programs Specialist who places safety at the highest priority and is experienced with working with children in an outdoor or recreation setting.
The Programs Specialist will serve as a key program position for Candlelight Ranch, working in partnership with the Program Director, Program Coordinator, Volunteers and Interns. The Programs Associate assists with program implementation, supervision of interns and volunteers and leads groups through safe and beneficial camp activities.
The Programs Associate will deliver and facilitate the following programs:
- Challenge Course (Low & High Ropes)– Candlelight Ranch has three zip lines, high ropes course and a canyon traverse. Staff will assist with & lead group facilitation, including processing the Challenge Course experience. Training will be provided.
- Waterfront Program – Candlelight Ranch offers canoeing, kayaking and fishing on Lake Travis to groups. Lifeguard certification will be provided (if not presently certified) in order to lead kayak/canoe programming.
- Equine Program – Candlelight Ranch provides hands-on learning opportunities to our clients utilizing Equine Assisted Learning and team building through EAGALA.
- Archery – CLR provides the opportunity for campers to learn a new skillset during our entry level archery program, Staff will receive additional training in order to teach and assist with this program.
- Nature Hikes – Utilizing our hiking trails, campers explore the natural wonders of our property and learn about edible and medicinal plants of Central Texas.
- Nature Art– Candlelight Ranch customizes art projects that incorporate the natural environment.
- Nature Therapy and Education – Candlelight Ranch provides opportunities for groups to explore nature and learn about the positive effects that a natural environment can have on mental and physical health.
- Maintain high levels of safety standards and enforce all CLR rules for participants, volunteers, and ropes personnel.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively.
- Ability to lead groups of 12 to 15 participants through outdoor activities.
- Maintains a safe environment for self and all participants throughout all activities.
- Assist with volunteer management.
- Conducts morning program preparations before the start of ranch groups and clean-up of programming space at the conclusion of the day.
- Keeps archery arrows and sports equipment in working condition
- Assist with supplies and equipment needs and maintenance.
- Collects, distributes, and inputs surveys into data collection systems with guidance of Program Coordinator.
- Works collaboratively with the Program Coordinator and Program Director to develop clear, consistent, and impactful programs that increase Candlelight Ranch’s Impact
- Assists Program Director and Program Coordinator with the coordination and implementation of all on and off-site programming including developing and facilitating Outdoor Explorers.
- Assists with care of Ranch animals (i.e. feeding equine) as needed.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or experience in the recreation field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Level 1 certification to facilitate a challenge course including high/low elements, zip lines and a two-line bridge.
- Ability to obtain and maintain CPR/First Aid & Lifeguard certification.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Self-starter, motivated and can work independently.
- Works from the Ranch on Lake Travis and at a home office;
- Must provide own transportation to and from the facilities and any meeting locations; and
- Reliable internet access is required.
- Position is physically demanding, with the ability to lift 50 pounds, hike, drive, and walk the ranch on a regular basis.
- Performs some maintenance chores at the Ranch.
- Actively facilitates various programs involving physical exercise.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a salaried position that is commensurate on experience. Candlelight Ranch aims to offer competitive benefits. Full-time employees receive a monthly health care and cell phone stipend, flexible time off, unlimited vacation and the opportunity to participate in a Simple IRA with up to a 3% employer match.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]