Programs Associate Job Description
Candlelight Ranch is looking for a positive and enthusiastic person with strong leadership and interpersonal skills who is passionate about our mission of serving special needs and at-risk youth. We seek a programs associate who places safety at the highest priority and is experienced with working with children in an outdoor or recreation setting.
The Programs Associate will serve as a key program position for Candlelight Ranch, working in partnership with the Program Director, Program Coordinator, Volunteers and Interns. The Programs Associate assists with program implementation, supervision of interns and volunteers and leads groups through safe and beneficial camp activities.
The Summer Programs Associate will deliver and facilitate the following programs:
- Challenge Course (Low & High Ropes)– Candlelight Ranch has three zip lines, high ropes course and a canyon traverse. Staff will assist with & lead group facilitation, including processing the Challenge Course experience. Training will be provided.
- Waterfront Program – Candlelight Ranch offers canoeing, kayaking and fishing on Lake Travis to groups. Lifeguard certification will be provided (if not presently certified) in order to lead kayak/canoe programming.
- Equine Program – Candlelight Ranch provides hands-on learning opportunities to our clients utilizing Equine Assisted Learning and team building through EAGALA.
- Archery – CLR provides the opportunity for campers to learn a new skillset during our entry level archery program, Staff will receive additional training in order to teach and assist with this program.
- Nature Hikes – Utilizing our hiking trails, campers explore the natural wonders of our property and learn about edible and medicinal plants of Central Texas.
- Nature Art– Candlelight Ranch customizes art projects that incorporate the natural environment.
- Nature Therapy and Education – Candlelight Ranch provides opportunities for groups to explore nature and learn about the positive effects that a natural environment can have on mental and physical health.
- Is responsible for all environmental checks pertaining to the safety and operations of ranch activities.
- Assists with the coordination of ranch personnel including volunteers & interns.
- Is responsible for and leads programming, specifically kayaking/canoeing and archery.
- Assists with management of Candlelight Ranch’s Facebook Page, creating posts pertaining to summer camp activities.
- Input camp survey responses into Survey Monkey.
- Organizes, implements and leads safe and engaging summer programming.
- Maintains high levels of safety and enforces strict safety rules of all ranch activities for campers, interns and volunteers.
- Responsible for overall safety checks, cleanliness and upkeep of ranch equipment.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Assists in conducting mid-summer and end of summer evaluations for interns.
- Assists with the overall functions of Ranch programming schedule as needed.
- Other duties assigned as needed
- Minimum of a High School diploma, some college or a bachelor’s degree in Recreation Administration, Therapeutic Recreation, Kinesiology, Wildlife Management or an associated field preferred.
- Ability to lead groups of 12 to 15 children ages ranging 5 to 18 through outdoor summer camp activities
- Ability to attend Zipline Facilitation & Programs Training on May 26, 27 & 28, 2020
- Ability to complete CPR/First Aid & Lifeguard Certification
- Ability to work outside in Texas summer heat and inclement weather
- Ability to lift to a min. of 30lbs. and maintain pace with ranch activities and participants
- Proficiency with computer skills such as Social Media, Microsoft Word & Excel
- Self-starter, motivated, team oriented and can work independently.
Full-Time, hourly, average of 30-40 hours per week. Salary commensurate on experience. Position starts May 2020.
To Apply: Send Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected] by April 1, 2020